Monday, October 19, 2009

Hunting in Colorado is Hard


I learned two things from hunting over the past two days. One, I am not conditioned for the altitude. and two, Elk are Ghosts. On the left is a picture of one of the mountains where we hunted. Snow on the ground in places, temperature were very low in the early morning and late evening... well below freezing and there was alot of walking.

We hiked to just under 11,000 feet looking for the notorious Wapiti. We only saw a couple but were unable to reach them because we didn't have a canon to shoot the distance. All in all it was a great trip. Phil was able to hike circles around me because I am not conditioned for that altitude but it was still fun and as you can see the views are amazing. The elk live to see another day, and the only thing I can be sure of is that I will get another chance some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment